Binahong or also known by the name Dheng San Chi for the people of China, is a plant used as medicine. It is also an obligatory food for Vietnamese. Binahong grows wild in the wilderness of Vietnam forests. When the invasion of US troops in the Vietnam war, Vietnamese soldiers used Binahong to help them gained their stamina in the fight against the US army. In other words, Binahong helped Vietnam win the war against US.
This plant is very quick to heal the wounds either by eat it or smear directly over the wound. Binahong are named in Bahasa Indonesia, Latin name Bassela Rubra Linn (Eng: Heartleaf Maderavine Madevine) of species Anredera cordifolia. Binahong or Anredera cordifolia is thought to originally come from South America.
Here in Indonesia, Binahong is used to cure some diseases. Some leaves are just chewed, or boiled with a glass of water, and then drink along with the waste.
Diseases that can be cured:
- Acne: 8 leaves taken daily
- Asthma: 7 leaves taken daily
- Bleeding Gums: 4 leaves taken daily
- Burns: 10 leaves taken daily
- Concussion: 10 leaves taken daily
- Diabetes: 11 leaves taken daily
- Dysentery: 10 leaves taken daily
- Eczema: 10 to 15 leaves taken daily
- Expires Surgical: 20 leaves taken daily
- Fractures : 10 to 20 leaves taken daily
- Keeping Stamina: 1 leaf every day
- Inflammation of The Kidney: 7 pieces of leaves taken daily
- Inflammation of The Lung: 10 leaves taken daily
- Menstrual Irregularities: 3 leaves taken daily
- Swollen Intestine: 3 leaves taken daily
- Tuberculosis: 10 leaves taken daily
Note: In such cases of heavy disease, it may take from 1 until 6 month for curing the disease.
Binahong is also useful for curing cancer. How? Dried up the leaf, then boiled and drink it every day. However, the tuber can also be dried, then finely ground, then put in a capsule and drink 3 times a day.
Thanks to this binahong leaf, which had made my son's skin burn healed fast. I described this on my previous post.