Did you often become forgetful lately?
That might be due to the disruption of your sleep time. Lack of sleep can cause us to forget easily, difficulty on concentrating, and susceptible to diseases. Sleep may activate the immune system, and helps the brain consolidates memories.
The most important thing in sleeping is not on how long we slept, but on how well we sleep. Good night's sleep makes our body more comfortable, and boost immunity against diseases.
- Do an exercise, jogging, or treadmill before dinner, accompanied by your favorite music. It can help to relax the tense muscles.
- A warm bath before bedtime can also make you more relaxed and sleepy.
- Massage your body with body lotion or baby oil. Especially at the base of the neck, shoulder, foot and calf. Ask for help on your partner, if you find it difficult.
- Check the air circulation in your room. Stuffy air can make difficult to sleep.
- Note the food you consume. If you feel hungry, eat with a small amount, and avoid eating foods contain lots of fats. Disorders of the digestive tract can interfere in your sleep.
- If you have problems with your partner. Do not bring it on your bed. Solve the problem together before you both sleep. Too many problems inside your head, will make your brain always awake. Stress makes you difficult to sleep.
- Consider on what you are wearing. Do not wear tight clothes during sleep. Choose clothes that can make you feel comfortable, loose, and absorb sweat.
- Do not drink coffee 2 hours before your bedtime. Avoid drinking water excessively. It can cause you to wake up to urinate.
- Do not bring your work on your bed. Stress is a major cause of sleep disturbance.
- Intercourse with your partner before bedtime, can make your body more comfortable and sleepy.
Remember to sleep at least five to eight hours in the night. Less than five hours of sleeping, you will experince a dizzy headache, sleepy and dehydration.
Drink a lot of water to make you stay awake, if you find yourself having a bad night sleep. By having good night sleep, you will gain more energy for your activity in the next morning.